Information Surrounding Updated Travel Advisory
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade now advise all New Zealanders to do not travel overseas at this time due to the outbreak of COVID-19, associated health risks and widespread travel restrictions. Due to the difficulty travellers are experiencing returning home, New Zealanders overseas need to take steps to stay safely where they are and shelter in place.
From Thursday 19 March, most foreign travellers can no longer enter New Zealand. New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, residents with valid travel conditions can still come to New Zealand.
Every person entering New Zealand from 10 April 2020 are required to:
- go into "managed isolation' in a government-provided facility or
- if you have COVID-19 symptoms, go into a quarantine facility
For more information go to: SAFETRAVEL
Booking Change and Credit Requests
We understand the current situation is causing uncertainty and therefore have currently input the following policy surrounding novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
For cancellation requests received from 09:00 am on 16 March 2020 customers have the option to rebook or retain its value in credit.
The following travel criteria must apply for a customer to be eligible:
Hotel & Package Bookings
- Travel Dates must be: 16 March 2020 to 30 November 2020;
- Revised/alternative travel date must be booked on or before 31 December 2021 and is subject to availability;
- Customers are subjected to pay for any price difference if the revised/alternative travel date is higher than the original booking;
- Any cancellation fees charged by suppliers and hotels must be paid, however we will try our best to negotiate these;
- If you do not wish to retrain a credit, you can cancel however the initial non-refundable deposit will be held as a credit, all additional HIS cancellations fees are waived.
Japan Rail Pass
- Cancellation fees waived for exchange vouchers issued for travel dates: 16 March 2020 to 31 of May 2020;
- For exchange vouchers issued for travel outside of the above dates, standard cancellation fees apply.
- Exchange vouchers must be received back to us before a refund can be arranged, please post to Level 7, 63 Albert street, Auckland central 1010 / P.O. Box 105-701 Auckland City
- Please allow at least 21 days for your refund to be processed.
The above policies are only valid until 30 September 2020, to which at this time we will review accordingly.
If you are a wholesale agent with a client booking please contact the reservations team on 0800-999-552 to discuss your clients options.