Book this convenient transportation plan from Takayama to Kanazawa, areas difficult to visit on one's own. Includes sightseeing!
Along the way, the tour will stop at Shirakawago, where the guide will accompany participants to see the village's thatch-roofed folk houses that are important cultural properties. Indulge in regional cuisine dishes for lunch at Shirakawago. In Takayama, spend some time sightseeing around the bustling Takayama Morning Markets, where many regional specialties are on sale.
|Departure||18 Mar - 6 Dec 2018:Tue, Thu, Sun (except 15 Apr, 9 Oct 2018)|
8:10 - 8:30
Departure from Takayama Station or Hida Hotel Plaza in Takayama.
Please show your reservation confirmation sheet at reception. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure time.
Access: 5 min on foot from JR Takayama Station
Please note that customers on this plan may ride along with participants of other tours.
A public expressway bus or a charter bus may be used for transfers between Takayama and Kanazawa.
8:40 - 9:20
Takayama morning market (40 min)
Spend some time sightseeing around the Takayama Morning Market.
Transfer to Shirakawa-go by coach.
10:40 - 11:00
Designated as a World Heritage Site in 1995, Shirakawa-go is the largest extant Gassho Shuraku (steep-roofed village) and is registered as one of the 106 Preservation Districts for Groups of Traditional Buildings in Japan. Enjoy an elevated view of the World Heritage-registered thatch-roofed village of Shirakawa-go. Great for photography!
11:10 - 12:10
Wada Residence (traditional thatch-roofed farmhouse) (60 min)
This is one of the thatch-roofed houses, also registered as a World Heritage Site. Look around and be fascinated by the culture and history of the village.
If sightseeing facilities are closed, the tour will be taken to alternative destinations.
12:20 - 13:05
Lunch at Shirakawa-go (45min)
Taste delicious regional cuisine dishes you can only enjoy in the countryside.
Please understand that there is no vegetarian option available for lunch on this tour.
From Shirakawa-go to Kanazawa (75 min)
Take the expressway bus or charter bus from Shirakawago to Kanazawa. Enjoy seeing rural Japanese scenery such as the manmade Miboro Dam (Drive by)
The tour will use a public expressway bus for the transfer between Takayama and Kanazawa.
16:00 - 17:00
Arrive at Kanazawa station
Please head to your next destination on your own after the tour.
- English speaking guide
1. If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met 20 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
2. Customers will carry their own baggage.
3. If sightseeing facilities at Takayama, Shirakawa-go or Kanazawa are closed, the tour will be taken to alternative destinations.
4. A public expressway bus or a charter bus may be used for transfers between Takayama and Kanazawa.
5. Please understand that there is no vegetarian option available for lunch at Shirakawa-go.
6. Please inform us of your accommodation and contact details for the day prior to the tour. If the tour is cancelled, participants will be notified by the conducting company or their travel agent.
7. Please note that customers on this plan may ride along with participants of other tours.
*Seats are assigned on the bus. The guide will give instructions to participants on the tour day. Seating requests cannot be accepted.
*Smoking is not permitted on the bus.