See the two major sights of Japan's ancient capitals all in one day! This tour takes you on a morning tour of the world-famous Kyoto, to experience one of Japan's most important historical and cultural cities. After lunch, visit the nearby Nara, another historically known capital and home to the towering Great Buddha of Todaiji Temple.
|Time||From Osaka: 7:25am - 19:30pm
From Kyoto: 8:30am - 19:30pm
|Departure||Jan. 5 - Dec. 30: Daily|
|Code||from Kyoto :JG-1NN2101|
|From Osaka departure additional charge required|
Nijo Castle (50 min)
Head to Nara via Nara Keinawa Expressway.
6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Admission Fee
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Consumption tax
- If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event)
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Todai-ji Temple (about 15 min one-way). Thank you for your understanding. Please inform us at the time of booking if any person in your group is using crutches or a wheelchair, or has a chronic illness that makes it difficult to walk for long distances.
- At Kasuga Taisha Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission.
- Nara Nagomikan may be omitted from the itinerary if it is closed on the day of the tour, or as a result of traffic congestion.
- Connection to the Kyoto Night Tour or Kyoto Maiko Dinner is not possible.
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available. For those that don't require lunch, please make a booking for the 'without lunch' plan: consult with your travel agent.