Take an afternoon tour around Kyoto's distinct temples and shrines including the World Heritage site - Kiyomizu-dera Temple. Visit one of the most popular destination in Kyoto, Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, which is known for its thousands of brilliant red torii gates called Senbon Torii. Walkthrough Sanjusangendo Temple, Japan's longest wooden structure, famous for its 1,001 human-sized Kannon Statues. Browse the specialty shops on the walk up to Kiyomizu-dera Temple, where you will have a sweeping view of the city.
|Departure||07 Jan - 25 Dec 2020: Daily|
|Code||From Kyoto : JG-1NN2801NNS|
|From Osaka : JG-1NP8501NNS|
|From Osaka Departure additional charge required|
12:30pm: Meet at Hotel Granvia Osaka. Walk to Osaka Station and ride the JR rapid-service train to Kyoto Station
1:30pm: Meet at AVANTI Sunrise Tours Desk (Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit) Continue on bus to the following
Heian Jingu Shrine (25 min). Built on the 1,100th Anniversary of Kyoto becoming the capital, it is dedicated to the first and last emperors who reigned from the city.
Sanjusangendo Temple (30 min). Japan's longest wooden structure, famous for its 1,001 life-sized Kannon Statues.
Kiyomizudera Temple (70 min). Browse the speciality shops while walking to Kiyomizudera for a sweeping view of the city.
*Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
5:30 - 6:30pm: Drop-off services to hotels in Kyoto are available. The tour concludes here.
Arrive back to Kyoto Station and ride a JR rapid service train to Osaka Station.
6:30 - 7:30pm: Arrive at Osaka Station. The tour concludes upon arrival.
- English-speaking guide service. For Osaka: an English-speaking assistant will accompany you on the round-trip between Osaka to Kyoto.
- Pick-up / drop-off service available for hotels in Kyoto. Ask consultant for more details.
- If the minimum number of participants (1) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- Connections from this tour can be made to the "Kyoto Maiko Dinner" and "Kyoto Night Tour." Connections are made at Kyoto Hotel Okura or the Kyoto Handicraft Center.
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way). Thank you for your understanding
- Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.