The Kimono, Japan's ornate traditional-style garment, is one of the most iconic images of traditional Japanese culture. With this tour, you will have the chance to pick out a kimono from a wide selection, and professionals will help you put it on, as well as arrange your hair and do your make-up (for female participants). After getting all dressed up, enjoy walking through the streets of Gion, which offers great photo opportunities
05 Jan - 26 Dec 2019: Tue, Thu, Sat
|Minimum participants||2 People|
1:40pm Assemble at New Miyako Hotel. Proceed by public transport to the destination.
Kimono & Japanese Hair-styling Experience (50 mins) Try an authentic kimono (yukata in the summer) and a Japanese traditional hairdo. Then go out in Gion, the famous entertainment district.
Gion Walk (70 mins) Gion had developed as a major hanamachi (entertainment district with maiko girls and geiko women) in Kyoto and still keeps an elegant and refined atmosphere of old times. There is no better place than Gion to take pictures in a kimono.
4:30 to 5:00pm Tour disbands at Gion (no drop off service available)
- Admission Fee
- Guiding by a certified tour guide/interpreter
- Consumption tax
1. The tour concludes at Gion. Drop-off services to hotels are not provided.
2. After getting dressed in kimono, participants are free to take photos while strolling the Gion area.
3. Hair-styling is also included.
4. During the hot summer months of June, July, and August, participants wear a yukata (light kimono) instead of a kimono.
5. Tabi traditional socks will be provided.
6. If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before a scheduled date, the tour on the date may be cancelled.
7. Inform us of the numbers of men and women who will participate at the time of reservation
8. Kimono are available for people up to 185cm tall ( about 6'1'') and waist size go up to 100cm ( about 39 in)
9. Children 11 years of age or younger cannnot be take part in this walking tour.